Manicures and pedicures are a treat for your nails of your hands and feet. Many men too visit the nail salon and get their nails filed and shaped. Home Manicure and Pedicure
Just follow these home manicure and pedicure tips to achieve enviable nails.
* A bottle of nail polish remover
* A nail trimmer
* A cuticle remover
* A bottle of your favorite nail color
Removing Nail Color
You have all your manicure and pedicure equipment ready, so lets begin with nail polish removing. Now rub the cotton ball on your finger nail till the nail color is removed completely revealing your true nail color. Remember, use the nail polish remover sparingly as it is extremely drying and can damage the nail and cuticle.
You can read more on how to manicure finger nails in the articles:
* Manicure for Natural Nails
* Homemade Manicure
* DIY Tips for French Pedicure and Manicure
This removal of the cuticle helps your nail grow and promotes healthy nails:
* Cuticle Oil
* Cuticle Cream
* Cuticle Infection
In case you have brittle nails, you can apply one or two coats of ridge filling nail polish on the nail instead of the base coat. This follows two coats of nail color and then a top coat for shiny and lustrous nails.
I hope this article on manicure and pedicure helps you get salon like perfect nails at home.
What are Manicures and Pedicures?
Manicures usually involve soaking the hands, applying hand lotion, filing and shaping the nails and applying nail polish. There are also special manicures, like French manicures.
Again, it involves soaking the feet, filing and shaping the nails and applying lotion and nail polish.
The Procedure (for doing your own manicures and pedicures)
You can also buy professional manicure sets or individual manicure and pedicure sets.
- 1. Nail polish remover.
2. Cuticle pusher (preferably orangewood)
3. Nail clippers or scissors.
4. Clear nail polish.
5. Nail file or emery board.
6. Nail polishing board (or nail buffer).
7. Foot bath.
8. Colored nail polish.
- 1. Base coat.
2. Top coat.
- 1. Professional Items
2. Pedicure machines (can also be used for manicures).
- 1. Remove any old nail polish with nail polish remover.
2. Trim the fingernails and shape them with a nail file.
3. Polish the fingernails with a polishing board (or nail buffer).
4. Apply nail polish. Most professionals apply at least one layer of clear nail polish.
5. Finish the manicure with a hand massage.