Prom night is near and what better way to celebrate Spring than a formal dinner and dance with a stunning, flirty dress? There’s some fantastic new eye-shadows and lip colors available with the staying power you will need for a long, fun-packed evening.
• Use Flash powder to add shimmer.
• You, too, can be picture perfect if you select the correct makeup.
• Add some shimmer powder on the high points of the face.
• Use three complimenting colors on the eyes and blend, blend, blend.
• Using a lip pencil (not too dark), draw just outside your natural lip line. 1. Make sure that the shades of makeup that you use complement your prom dress. You would not want to choose a color that clashes with your prom dress.
A thin line of eyeliner can look wonderful, but you don’t want to look like a raccoon on prom night.
* Choose a very light foundation, powder and blush. You really don’t want your prom makeup to look as though it has been caked on.
* Don’t forget to carry a small clutch with you to prom. Carry eyeliner, eye shadow, lip stick or gloss and any other makeup you have used. You never know when you may need to reapply your prom makeup.
* Choose a very natural shade of lipstick or lip gloss. It does not need to match your prom dress, not does it need to be overly dramatic.
* Don’t stray too far from makeup shades and techniques you would normally wear. If you have a cool complexion then use a rosy colored blush and for warm complexions bronzed blushes look fabulous.
• While posing for photographs do not wear any lip-gloss. Matte lip colors will balance the make-up on your face. Wearing glossy lip shades will reflect light and spoil your photographs.
• Your hair do should compliment your dress. The key is choosing the right style for your face and dress. Hopefully your prom day will be as perfect as you imagined.