What is the Best Mineral Makeup?
Executive Summary about Foundation Cosmetics by Tyler Hansen
Mineral makeup not only protects your skin but can also help you look years younger. Mineral cosmetics are made of fine mineral powders: ingredients from the earth that enhance the look of skin while providing it with protection from the environment. Overall, mineral makeup is far superior to other cosmetic formulations. With mineral cosmetics being the latest hot thing in the world of beauty, many companies have jumped on the mineral bandwagon, offering sub-par products labeled as mineral, with little consideration to what actually makes a mineral product superior. Here are some of the important features of a high quality mineral makeup.
When mineral makeup is manufactured correctly it can provide the best coverage imaginable. A company that didn’t have the slightest clue about mineral makeup all of the sudden has over 100 products.
- Too Small: Some companies sell mineral cosmetics that have nano-sized particles; so small that they penetrate the skin.
- Too Big: Many companies have poor quality mineral products that contain large particles. Mineral cosmetics with coarse powders can look obvious and unnatural on your skin.
The best mineral products will not be absorbed by the skin, but instead will adhere to the skin’s surface. The best mineral makeup does not contain fragrances, dyes, mineral oil or preservatives, common causes of allergies, said Dr. Hema Sundaram, a dermatologist and author.
There are lines of mineral makeup that contain ingredients that are not natural. Because mineral cosmetics are in powder form, poor quality products are often inconsistent from batch to batch. Comparing mineral makeup ingredients and technologies can help you identify the companies that are selling top-of-the-line quality products. Use your best judgment to find a good mineral product.
How to Apply Mineral Makeup Foundations
Mineral foundation is a loose powder of mineral pigments, and although it takes a bit of practice to apply correctly, the effort is well worth the results.
If you are interested in using mineral foundation, but have no idea how to apply it, here is a simple step-by-step guide to help you achieve the light-weight, flawless finish that only mineral foundations can provide.
Steps for Applying Mineral Foundation
- Step 1: Moisturize Your Skin – In order for the minerals to adhere to your skin and smoothly blend, you may first need to moisturize. If you have dry skin, apply moisturizer to your face and neck a few minutes before applying your mineral foundation.
- Step 2: Prepare Your Brush – Mineral foundations are applied with a brush, and the type and quality of brush that you use can have a significant impact on your results. It is important to carefully control the amount of mineral foundation that you are applying. Place a small amount of mineral powder into the lid of the foundation jar. Then tap the brush on the lid to remove any excess minerals.
- Step 3: Buff and Blend! As you are applying, you actually want to buff the minerals onto your skin.
Keyword: Foundation Makeup, Best Foundation Makeup
Check out my other guide: Cosmetics Usa