Professional Makeup Brushes – What Makes Them Special?
Executive Summary about Makeup Brushe by K Walsh
A professional makeup brush usually has several key elements that separate it from the makeup brushes that are sold at your local drugstore. A professional makeup brush will be made from the highest grade. A higher grade natural fiber should also make the brush last longer and maintain its shape better over time. Synthetic fibers have become more popular with consumers and as a result there are now high quality brushes made with synthetic fibers that mimic the look, feel and performance of natural fiber brushes.
Ferrules: The ferrule is the piece of material that connects the brush handle to the bristles. A professional makeup brush will have a nickel or aluminum ferrule. A makeup brush should be cleaned on a regular basis and because of this wear and tear on the brush, a quality ferrule is one of the most important components of a makeup brush.
Handles: The majority of makeup brushes sold today have a wood handle. A professional makeup brush will tend to have a long handle because makeup artists find a long handle to be easier to use with clients. So buying the highest quality makeup brush that you can afford will prove to be a wise investment.
Clean Makeup Brushes – Easy Tips & Techniques For Cleaning & Caring For Professional Makeup Brushes
Taking good care of your new cosmetic brush set will prolong the life of the brushes. Makeup brushes are an investment and if you clean makeup brushes on a regular basis they can last indefinitely.
Basic Makeup Brush Cleaning:
Daily cleaning is a necessity if you are a makeup artist and will be using your professional makeup brushes on clients.
• Spray both sides of the brush with a makeup brush cleaner.
• Take a paper towel and wipe the brush. You should continue wiping the brush until the paper towel is clean and you can’t see any makeup or color being transferred from the brush to the paper towel.
• Pour your favorite makeup brush cleaner directly onto the paper towel.
• Start by wetting the brush hair.
• Be careful when rinsing your brush so that only the brush bristles are under the water. Turn the brush upside down and place the brush handle between the palm of your two hands.
• Spin the brush between your palms so that the brush fibers spin and release the water.
• Use your fingers to reshape the brush.
• Lay the brush handle on a counter top, vanity, bureau or anyplace where the brush handle can lay flat and the brush bristles can hang over the counter. Let the brush dry completely overnight.
• Dip the brush hair into the water and shampoo mixture.
Keyword: Makeup Brushes, makeup brush set, best makeup brushes
Check out my other guide:Beauty Makeup Products