Due to Onychomycosis our nails look very bad and with different shape and size which requires good treatment.
* Basically the end part of nails is affected by this disease.
* Toe nails are additionally more affected then that of the finger nails.
* The effected nail might bind to normal activities.
This reduces the danger of further nail as well as foot related harms.
Onychomycosis refers to the invasion of the nail plate by a fungus. Causes of Onychomycosis.
The main causes of onychomycosis are:
* The most common causes of onychomycosis are dermatophytes. The other fungi also causes onychomycosis.
The possible symptoms of onychomycosis are :-
* The fungal infection may produce trauma to nails.
* The nails become fragile or break easily.
* As the disease progresses, onychomycosis may interfere with standing, walking, and exercising.
* The thickening of the nails, either of the hand or foot are also one of the common symptoms of onychomycosis.
The effective treatments for onychomycosis are:
* Penlac topical therapy: Penlac Nail Lacquer (ciclopirox) Topical Solution can be used for the treatment of mild to moderate onychomycosis.
* The oral anti-fungus medicines are also suitable for the eradication of onychomycosis.
Onychomycosis is a fungal infection of the fingernails or toenails. The actual infection is of the bed of the nail and of the plate under the surface of the nail.
Onychomycosis is the most common of all diseases of the nails in adults. Other risk factors include a family history, previous trauma to the nails, warm climate, and occlusive or tight footwear.
Typically, the nail becomes thicker and changes to a yellowish-brown. Foul smelling debris may collect under the nail. The infection can spread to the surrounding nails and even the skin.
To make a diagnosis of onychomycosis, the clinician must collect a specimen of the nail in which infection is suspected. Debris from the nail surface may also be taken.